Friday, January 4, 2008

Obama and Huckabee - Let the fight begin!

I did get off the couch and went off walking on January 1st after writing my last post. However, the last two days have been very busy and void of any exercise. But I did get to watch the Wizards lose to Detroit and the historic Obama victory - and speech.

Obama looks like he could go all the way. I'm still not a believer. If Clinton or Edwards can pull off NH, either of them can stop Obama. Obama's first few minutes on stage last night looked like he was really the "Junior" senator. Oh, btw - did anyone catch the guy standing behind Huckabee (looked like a relative of Huckabee) yawning a couple of times during the speech. I think that guy should be flogged. What an idiot? standing right behind your candidate and yawning on the biggest night of his candidate's political life! That loser subliminally distracted a lot of viewers who were connecting with Huckabee - yours truly included. My bet is on McCain winning the Republican nomination. The next couple of weeks will see some serious mud being thrown around.. can't wait!

Only 4 months to register for the Marathon. I'm going to start running a mile during my walks starting Sunday. I've already done 1/2 to 3/4 mile couple of times this week. The hard thing is going to be stopping from running before getting totally warmed and loosened up. I plan to stretch at least 5 minutes before I start walking today. I'll let you know if I get in trouble by trying to run more than a mile. I feel like I can run (slowly) a mile at a time without killing myself. I just don't trust myself to run slowly or run only a mile at a time.

No comments: