Thursday, February 7, 2008

From Slow to Stop

I haven't run since Sunday. I was feeling great on Sunday and did 6 plus miles running and walking. While enjoying the implosion of the Patriots empire on Superbowl Sunday, I re-injured my back. I can tell you its not fun when you can't get out of your car because you can't move your leg. After driving in to work on Monday morning in the hellish Washington traffic, I couldn't get out of my car for a good 5 minutes. I couldn't move my leg and my back would have nothing to do with bending. I sat in the parking and made sure no one was around when I picked my left leg out of the car with my hands and crawled/slid out of the car while saying things that I normally reserve for when my golf shots go into the woods or when the Skins hire another idiot head coach. It was awful...

Thank God for Advil and ice packs. I think I got the same amount of calories from Advil the last few days as food. I'm sure having a handful of Advil is okay on your liver and stomach - at least I haven't seen any studies saying you shouldn't. Whoever wrote the directions on the bottle of "1 pill every 4 to 6 hours" should be beaten and get water boarded!

The good thing about all the pain I'm enduring..(there is always something good when you endure this kind of pain), I'm enjoying driving my wife's nice SUV with heated seats since it helps my "driving posture" - I think my back is going to hurt for at least 2 weeks. I hope I can start running (without Mini knowing) in a week or so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh no Roy....sorry to hear about the back. i was mentally envisioning your exit from your car on that day too. hope your weekend retreat to Great Wolf helped. take it easy and rehab yourself. i'm sure you'll be back to running soon (without min knowing).

wilo